Being Roger Ebert
Looking for a good movie rental this weekend? Check out:
In Amerca (Drama, PG-13) - One of the best movies I've seen all year. Very strong performances and an awesomely moving story about an immigrant family who moved to New York City trying to cope with loss and a new life. The scene at the county fair was one of the best "cheer for the good guy" moments ever. Grade: A+
The Contender (Drama, R) - This film came out back in 2000, around the time Bill Clinton was being investigated for the Monica Lewinsky scandal. The plot goes along the same lines as the Clinton-Lewinsky fiasco but with a few twists and turns. For one, it's a woman (a would-be vice president) that's under scrutiny in Washington. Eventhough this is a political drama, there is a human side and personal stories with each of the main characters. Gary Oldman was great in this movie, hardly recognizable I may add. I'm glad I placed this on my must-see list eventhough it took me 4 years to see it. Grade: A-
More recommendations to come ...
In Amerca (Drama, PG-13) - One of the best movies I've seen all year. Very strong performances and an awesomely moving story about an immigrant family who moved to New York City trying to cope with loss and a new life. The scene at the county fair was one of the best "cheer for the good guy" moments ever. Grade: A+
The Contender (Drama, R) - This film came out back in 2000, around the time Bill Clinton was being investigated for the Monica Lewinsky scandal. The plot goes along the same lines as the Clinton-Lewinsky fiasco but with a few twists and turns. For one, it's a woman (a would-be vice president) that's under scrutiny in Washington. Eventhough this is a political drama, there is a human side and personal stories with each of the main characters. Gary Oldman was great in this movie, hardly recognizable I may add. I'm glad I placed this on my must-see list eventhough it took me 4 years to see it. Grade: A-
More recommendations to come ...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home